분산된 자원의 워크로드와 결과값을 운용하고 모니터링하고 관리합니다.
알테어는 시뮬레이션 데이터 관리를 자연스럽고 즐거운 경험으로 만들어줄 소프트웨어 모듈의 새로운 세트를 제공합니다.
알테어의 HyperWorks 시뮬레이션 툴과 PBS Works의 워크로드 관리 솔루션의 통합은 고성능 컴퓨팅(HPC)의 생산성을 높일 뿐 아니라, 사용자에게 안정적이고 경제적인 HPC 플랫폼을 제공합니다.
Compute Manager v12 Highlights
• 접속 관리 서비스: 접속 통제 및 사용자 정책 관리를 위한 새롭고 쉬운 그래픽 인터페이스
• 1.5배 속도 증가: Computer Manager의 싱글 인스턴스는 100여 명의 병행 사용자들과 500,000개의 작업을 처리할 수 있습니다.
• 500명까지 접속: 새로운 로드 밸런싱 지원(BETA)은 고비축성 및 고확장성의 구성이 가능합니다.
• 기업 밀착형: 기존의 보안 취약점을 비롯 100여 개의 결함요소가 해결되었습니다.
• 빅 데이터 처리: 강하게 통합된 Result Visualization 서비스와 새로운 Display Manager (BETA)는 서버 측에서 거대한 데이터 셋의 직접적인 탐색을 허용합니다.
“When Tower decided to deploy HPC to help reduce computational time of highly Complex CAE/CFD Engineering Simulations, we chose Altair’s Compute Manager for our job management. Using Compute Manager to submit jobs on the cluster gave Tower the flexibility to consolidate all solvers and related licenses on a single system. With Compute manager, our HPC setup was implemented within 2 weeks, from bare metal up to fully operative environment.”
Compute Manager Meets a Growing Demand for:
• Cloud Computing: Compute Manager is a web-based job portal that hides the complexities of high performance computing by bridging the gaps between users and their distributed applications in an intuitive way. This means that end-users only have to concern themselves with the data and applications they wish to run, and nothing more.
HPC Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) Clouds are being powered by the full PBS Works suite, including Altair’s own HyperWorks On-Demand. Altair offers a full suite of tools for building technical computing clouds:
– PBS Professional: Secure, HPC-focused, workload manager and job scheduler
– PBS Analytics: Reporting and analysis tools
– Compute Manager: Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) gateway portals
– Display Manager: Remote Visualization solution
Ideal for Customers Who:
• Want a simple but powerful Web-based interface for submitting and monitoring jobs in PBS Professional queues
• Need to browse & modify remote files and would like to minimize the effort needed to write, modify and test complex application scripts
• Want to automate job submission tasks to maximize end-user productivity while optimizing resource availability
• Require a consistent job submission and monitoring interface
• Desire automated staging of input and output files
• Seek to diagnose remote jobs without downloading huge results files
With Compute Manager, users can:
• Set up HPC jobs on distributed resources with easily configurable applications definitions
• Monitor workloads on distributed resources, both graphically and analytically
• Manage HPC jobs, visualizing data and results remotely
• Enable secure and immediate access todistributed resources from virtually anyinternet-enabled device
Compute Manager offers a complete set of capabilities for both users and system managers to configure and maintain the environment settings.
• Submit jobs via PBS Professional using PBS Application Services (PAS)
• Use PAS Application Definition technology to easily define applications for job submission
• Save commonly used applications andapplication inputs as profiles
• List a nearly real-time display of all currently running jobs
• Filter and group jobs easily to better clarify the monitoring output
• View/edit job output files eitherprior to job submission or during job execution (runtime)
Managing Remote Files
• Real time access to the remote file system of the PBS Professional cluster
• Providing the standard file operation tools you’re accustomed to with your desktop file manager
• Easily drag and drop project files onto applications for fast job submission
Results Visualization Service
(An extension to Compute Manager)
• Improved user interface
• Tightly integrated Results Visualization service and new Display Manager (BETA) allow exploration of huge datasets directly on the server-side
• Performance improvement in handling series result files such as RADIOSS and Dyna animation
• Available from remote file browser
• Accessible from Job Monitoring as well as Remote file browser
• Provides advanced job monitoring capability through inspecting and visualizing data from the solver log files
• Allows visualization of animation and plot data for running and completed jobs through the Compute Manager file viewer
• Provides ability to remotely execute/save result templates for extracting and visualizing results from huge result files
Access Management Service
(Easy to use graphical interface for managing access controls and policies for users)
• Specify which users and/or groups can use certain applications
• Share application profiles with specific users and/or groups
Installation & Deployment
Altair recognizes the importance of making HPC systems easy to deploy, configureand use. As a result, Compute Manager is offered as out-of-the-box product with minimal configuration required.
Additionally, Altair’s Enterprise Solutions Group offers professional services to ensure fast and efficient deployment, customized to your global business processes. Services span from basic installation on clients and/or servers to the complete setup of a turn-key HPC private cloud solution.
• Operating Systems (Server)
– Windows 64bit
– Windows Server 2008
– Windows Server 2008 R2
– Linux 64bit
– SLES 10/11
– RHEL 5/6
– CentOS 5
• Supported Browsers (Clients)
– Windows: Firefox, Chrome andInternet Explorer
– Linux: Firefox, Chrome
– Mac OS X: Safari
For more information about Compute Manager, visit www.pbsworks.com to request a quote or contact an account manager.